GWO BST course Working at heights
Are you obligated to attend a course for the Wind Industry? The GWO-course is the right choice for you. Even though the GWO-certificate is valid for 2 years, in many countries, regulations stipulate an annual training (refresher course). As an employer, you are obliged to comply with these regulations and subsequently, plan them yourself. Please click here for more information and the GWO contact information.
Course: GWO “Working at heights"
Duration: 16 hours (2 days, lunch included)
Participants: maximum 8
Ratio participant / trainer: 4 : 1 during practice | 8 : 1 during theoretical lessons
Certificate: GWO “Working at heights” with PSL label
Validity of certificate: 2 years
Focus group: Persons who (start to) work in the (offshore) wind industry and who need to comply with the international GWO standard (Global Wind Organisation). Certification complies with EWEA regulations, the Dutch Production and Supply Health and Safety Catalogue and German BGI567, BGR198 en BGR199.
Participants receive answers to the following questions:
- Module 1 Rules and legislation
- âï¿½ï¿½What rules do you need to consider when working at heights?
- Module 2 Awareness
- What influence does the environment have when working at heights?
- What risks do you need to consider?
- What forces are generated during a fall?
- Module 3 Harness
- How to put on a harness?
- How to maintain and inspect a harness?
- Module 4 + 5 Vertical systems + horizontal systems
- What systems are available and how do you use these?
- What requires special attention during use?
- Module 6 + 7 Restraint work + positioning
- What is the difference between restraint work and positioning?
- When and how do you use either of them?
- Module 8 Lanyards
- How do you use lanyards and what do you need to consider when using different lanyards?
- Module 9 fall arrest blocks
- When do you use a fall arrest block and do you use it?
- Module 10 Anchorage points
- What can you consider as an anchor point for fall protection?
- Module 11 Evacuation with a centrifugal descending device
- How is an evacuation performed and what are the risks?
- Module 12 Rescue from heights with a centrifugal rescue device
- What are the risks of a rescue and in what ways can it be performed?
- What is of importance when looking after a victim?