First aid at heights
Preliminary training: level 1: climbing and working at heights
Focus group: workers who work at heights regularly and need to apply first aid after emergency/injuries or acute illness.
Important subjects covered:
- Procedures with emergency/injuries;
- Stress management in case of emergency;
- Recognize injuries and acute illness;
- Stabilizing and positioning victim;
- Transport techniques;
- Resuscitation / AED;
- Pressure point with bleedings;
- First aid bandages.
Exam: 15 multiple choice questions; Certificate with PSL label following satisfactory performance (Validity of certificate: 1 year), acknowledged by NIBHV (Dutch Institute for Company Emergency Response)