GWO BST course Manual handling
Course: GWO “Manual handling”
Duration: 4 hours
Participants: maximum 8
Ratio participant / trainer: 8 : 1 during practice | 8 : 1 during theoretical lessons
Certificate: GWO “Manual handling” with PSL label
Validity of certificate: 2 years
Focus group: Persons who (start to) work in the (offshore) wind industry and who need to comply with the international GWO standard (Global Wind Organisation).
Participants receive answers to the following questions:
- Module 1 Rules and legislation
- What rules do you need to consider when working at heights?
- Module 2 Risks and dangers
- What influence does the environment have when working at heights?
- What risks do you need to consider in a turbine environment?
- Module 3 Anatomy of the back and posture
- What injuries occur in muscles and bones?
- How doe a spine and shoulder work?
- What can you do to prevent injuries?
- Module 4 + 5 Planning lifting work and techniques
- What are the risks of lifting?
- What can you do to reduce the risks?
- Module 6 Working safety
- What are possible reasons for and consequences of injuries?
- Module 7 Case studies
- When is lifting safe?