GWO BST course First aid
Course: GWO “First aid”
Duration: 16 hours (2 days, lunch included)
Participants: maximum 8
Ratio participant / trainer: 8 : 2 during practice | 8 : 1 during theoretical lessons
Certificate: GWO “First aid” with PSL label
Validity of certificate: 2 years
Focus group: Persons who (start to) work in the (offshore) wind industry and who need to comply with the international GWO standard (Global Wind Organisation).
Participants receive answers to the following questions:
- Module 1 Rules and legislation
- What are the rights and obligations regarding First Aid?
- What about liability?
- What risks do you need to consider in a wind turbine environment?
- Module 2 Anatomy
- What are the primary vital functions?
- What are the body symptoms and signals for different diseases.
- Module 3 Controlling an incident
- How do you guarantee safety during First Aid?
- What aid can you give?
- Which aspects should you consider to assess the situation?
- How can I create a “Circle of Safety” by keeping physical distance in order to keep control over the situation?
- How can you control your breathing (tactical breathing)?
- What influence does stress have on the nerve system and how can you control it?
- Module 4 Lifesaving (according to CABCDE-protocol)
- What is the sequence of actions?
- How to look after a conscious / unconscious victim?
- How to act with suffocation, bleeding and shock?
- Module 5 AED
- What is AED?
- How to work with an AED?
- Module 6 First aid with smaller incidents
- How to approach a victim?
- How to make a careful estimation of the situation?